This is the procedure required for a Windows XP installation
1) Download the driver from here and unzip to a
2) Plug in the interface. The 'Found new hardware wizard' will start:
Select No and continue
3) Select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' and
3) Select 'Search for the best driver in these locations' and include
the folder where you unzipped the driver files in the search
4) XP will complain the driver is unsigned:
Press: 'Continue anyway'
5) The driver will install
6) After this the Serial port will be detected follow steps 1 - 5 again.
7) After the driver has succesfully installed right click on 'my
computer' and select the hardware tab
Press 'Device Manager'
8) Explode the ports section and note the USB serial port number
(COM5 in the example)
9) Right click on the USB port and select properties. Go to the 'port
settings' tab and press the 'Advanced...'
Ensure the latency timer is set to 1
9) Start ElanScan, go into the 'Setup' menu, select the 'Set COM port'
menu item and set to the USB COM port
10) You're ready to use ElanScan!